Thursday, April 8, 2010

Long day, short post...

After getting only around 6 hours of sleep again last night, I am showing my age today. The opening session was well attended. Awards were handed out, and Helene Blowers and Keith Michael Fiels talked about the importance of libraries, innovations, keeping up with technology, etc.

Then came the Sunshine State chat with Helene, lunch with Carrie from Alachua County, the FLA Public Relations committee meeting (a committee that I will hopefully be asked to join) a brief nap, and then Lightning Talks moderated by Chip H. also from Alachua County. I didn't stick around long for the Zines and Rock n Roll in libraries program since the hipster librarians were sitting down, not using a mike, and their PowerPoint presentation was not all that exciting. Good idea to use Zines and music to draw in different crowds though. Not sure if Zines would catch on in my community. Now a slight break to check email, blog, and then back downstairs for the President's Reception.

I have met so many important library folks here, and I highly recommend coming to the FLA Conference if you are interested in joining committees, networking, and learning lots of new things. I am definitely going to bed early tonight. I will try and make an early program tomorrow, and then back to Palm Beach County with Dr. Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment