Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Somewhat Live

I apologize that my posts will not be "live" as promised. The hotel has ethernet connections in the rooms, and wifi in the lobby for 20 bucks for your stay. Because of this, I can not blog from in the conference, but have to leave to send my posts. It is 2010 isn't it? Enough complaining...

The first session I attended on eGov was great. I met a library manager from Broward County who said her computers are always full, so I told her to send her patrons to the Empowerment Zone if they have transportation. I also talked to one of the presenters Dr. Chuck, and he wants my data from the EZ, and the sheets I am using to keep track of room usage. I am also planning on using Google Analytics for tracking our web usage in the library, and maybe doing a survey if my bosses are okay with it.

Pasco County, and a few other libraries/library folks, are creating a web site for eGov services specifically aimed at Florida residents. The site is not live yet, but when it is I will post the link. It was good meeting people that are interested in these areas of librarianship.

At lunch I ran into Lucie, whom I went to grad school with at Wayne State. She is working in Bradenton as a children's librarian. I also bumped into a number of my fellow Sunshine State students, and was introduced to some powerful/well known Florida librarians. On top of that I ran into Suvi who is a branch manager in Palm Beach County, and also a fellow Lake Worthian. In a little bit the exhibits are opening, and I am planning on attending that. Later tonight is a Gale gala. More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment