Thursday, June 17, 2010

EZ Updates

The Empowerment Zone will be used by my library director and asst. director to point out the career and eGov services our library provides to the citizens of Delray Beach, and to hopefully convince them to maintain our budget at last year's level. Today we will be taking some photos and then our asst. director will be creating a PowerPoint presentation to show to the City and to the CRA (Community Redevelopment Agency) for funding purposes. The fact that they are choosing to highlight my program further justifies the time and effort I have put into this project. I will try and post some of the pictures and updates when they become available.

I have also received permission from my director to purchase a large sign that simply reads Empowerment Zone that I will attach to the Technology Center windows with suction cups when the Zone is in session each Monday and Thursday. This sign will be the equivalent of an "Open Sign" and will be visible for the patrons coming upstairs and for us librarians to point people to the EZ. This increased visibility should bring more folks in, and the signage should further legitimize the EZ.

My last session of the Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute is next week and I will graduate at the end of July. If it was not for this Institute I most likely would never have been able to create the Empowerment Zone in my library. I hope that the EZ continues long after I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment