Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Strategic Alliances

A few months ago I emailed my Empowerment Zone flyer, and a blurb about the EZ, to the Workforce Alliance of Palm Beach County. I never heard anything back, but felt that in the future I needed to call them directly to let them know about my project. I strongly feel that there is a lack of communication amongst non-profit organizations in Palm Beach County, and I don't want to be one of those responsible for it. After having so many people that have been using the EZ ask me for resume help I felt it was time to contact the Workforce Alliance directly and see if they could send an instructor to our library for a lecture. So today I made a contact over there, and even though they are unable to send anybody at this time they now know about the Zone and I emailed my updated flyer directly to my new contact. I will not give up looking for a presenter for a resume lecture, and will now focus on Florida Atlantic University and Palm Beach State College to see if they have someone who can fit the role.

I am also working on updating the EZ posters and having a large Empowerment Zone sign created with suction cups on it that I can stick on the windows of the tech center.

No comments:

Post a Comment